Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Blog Experience (Entry 1)


 
                I don’t know about you guys, but I have definitely always been a frequent visitor on the internet. I’m on Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr all the time. Even so, this blog is a new experience for me, and a positive one at that.
               There are some people that waste so much time on the internet, but I don’t think anyone realizes how powerful it actually can be. A single message can get out to millions within a few hours. There is so much good that people could be doing by using this tool in the right way. Being able to control a blog like this one helped me to realize its significance. If you need to get a message out to the world, all you need to do is share a link with some of your friends, and before you know it, the information has caught on like a wildfire.
                The things we have been discussing in all of our blogs have to do with food, going green, and the environment, as well as ways we can help improve it. All of us Global nerds know from McKibbon’s book that people need to know about the world’s environmental issues. In fact, it’s vital that this information be spread, and quickly. I believe that things such as these online blogs are exactly what we need to do so. Learning how to create one and make posts for it is really useful and even pretty fun. I find this especially true with our topic being food; one of my favorite things in the world. There’s a lot that we can learn, as well as teach to others by using our blog. Overall, I’d say the blog experience is an extremely awesome (and tasty) one! :D

-Becca

1 comment:

  1. good.. it is amazing what the internet can do and it is terrific that you are learning how to get the message out.

    ReplyDelete