Monday, April 16, 2012

My Blogging Experience

     My experience as a blogger started some time ago when I published my first blog with a good friend of mine. But, being a forgetful high schooler, my relationship with the blogging world did not last. However, this blog is completely different. I am always thinking about my next post for the following week, always looking for something to relate to food and sustainability. As much as I would like to say that I have made an impact on this blog/ the WORLD... this blog has really impacted me.
    This last weekend, when my mom was visited me at school, we decided to explore a local downtown area. Well, I discovered an incredible local food market and of course wanted to blog about it, tell my professor all about it, take field trips to it, and taste everything in it. Before diving into this topic of sustainability and the food world, I never would have noticed this quaint farmer's market and reveled in the awesomeness of finding it. Little things in my everyday life have been heightened by my awareness of the environment and it is all thanks to my global class and this amazing blog my classmates and I have put together. Nice work team!
     My eyes have been opened to this new world of organic, locally raised food that I had no idea existed. I have been made conscious of how my decisions impact the environment and the world surrounding me. I now try to buy the greener choice of products and eat healthier now that I have been made aware of all the chemicals being snuck into our food. This is not a phase I'm going through, but a life choice I've made to live greener and happier!

Stay tuned for some more awesome blog posts about food this week!!




   
   

1 comment:

  1. another thing you can do which is cool is that packages have to tell you where your food comes from. I have begun this ridiculous game with myself to not buy food from far away no matter how yummy it might be. I am so pleased you are getting out and about and discovering these new facets of the community. Yeah for you

    ReplyDelete