Wednesday, April 11, 2012



How our blog has made me different! 
Blog Experience (Entry 2)




            I love to travel and explore along the net, because you learn some pretty cool stuff. Therefore, I am an active participant of the continuously growing online community. Like my classmate Becca, I also have an account on Facebook, Twitter, Stumble upon and YouTube. Multitasking is my middle name. When I am doing homework I usually have five windows open at the same time. How I do it? I don’t even know, I guess is something of our generation. Ironically, I am the least technological person ever. In fact, the transition from a regular PC to a MAC took me almost two years; and I am still learning. Even today every time I have some sort of problem with my computer, I call my 17-year old sister for help. That’s why I relate to Dr. Stasz, our global professor, every time she mentions her struggle with technology.
I’ve read blogs before, but I never thought about actually having one on my own. To be honest, the first time I heard about this blogging idea I WAS FREAKING OUT! How was I supposed to create a blog, when I barely knew how to search for websites and access my different online accounts; however technology never ceases to amaze me! Google has applications for creating blogs, documents, you named it; so even for slow technology learners is simple!
Food is one my favorite things in the world, so writing about it is not only educating and interesting but also fun. As cheesy as this may sound, since I was a little girl I dreamt of doing something that would influence the world in some point. As Becca mentioned technology is a huge part of our world;  information, videos and pictures can go viral within seconds, just like the 2012 Kony video. As environmentalist McKibben said we live in a new eaarth, so it is important to learn how to survive in it.
            The “You Are What You Eat” blog, has changed at least my grocery bag; when I go to the store, I look for products that are locally and organically made. This not only helps the environment, but boosts up local products and industries. Recently this global group took Chris Martenson’s crash course. He pointed out that it is important to first be aware, second to understand and finally to act. With our blog, we might not change the way readers’ think but we definitely make them aware and knowledgeable of other tasty eco-friendly options. 
- Andrea

1 comment:

  1. How great is this.. You absolutely can influence the way people eat and think about how they spend their money. Technology spreads the word!! And what better word to spread than how we eat! yeah for you.

    ReplyDelete