Monday, April 2, 2012

Love for Mexican Food




I LOVE Mexican food, hands down my favorite food. If it was acceptable to eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner 7 days a week, I would. You may think that I am kidding… Sadly, that’s the truth. Unfortunately, for myself my addiction tends to get a bad rap. Mexican food is loaded with fat, sodium, and everything else you are told not to eat. My great love for refried beans and tacos carnitas lead me on a journey to find Mexican food that would not leave me feeling like I need to be physically rolled out of the restaurant.
         Then the magical day came when I was introduced to Chipotle; not only does it serve delicious Mexican food, but it is fast AND they pride themselves on serving food with integrity. Ok, so I know what you are thinking, “Well she did not really find ‘healthy Mexican food,’” but you have to admit that food that helps our environment is pretty cool, too. Chipotle prides itself in finding the best ingredients raised with respect to the animals, the environment, and the farmers. Awesome, right?
         The best part of it all is that since Chipotle uses the very best ingredients, consuming Chipotle is far healthier than eating my loaded burrito from the Mexican joint down the street. It also tastes amazing too! Food with integrity to Chipotle means that they are serving the best sustainably raised food possible with an eye to great taste, great nutrition and great value.
        Now, when I need to satisfy my Mexican cravings (which is basically everyday), I don’t walk, but run to Chipotle. I know I will be greeted with delicious food and the satisfaction that I am supporting the environment and sustainable living. GO CHIPOTLE!

Check out chipotles menu and environmental efforts on their website.
This video is so cool, MUST WATCH!

FOOD WITH INTEGRITY IS OUR COMMITMENT TO FINDING THE VERY BEST INGREDIENTS RAISED WITH RESPECT FOR THE ANIMALS, THE ENVIRONMENT AND 












1 comment:

  1. yeah for you .. I also LOVE mexican food and you are right no need to make it an artery gluing grossness.

    ReplyDelete