Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Blogger Experience

Oddly enough, I had never created my own or even posted in a blog before the one you are currently reading. At this day in age of technology, even I found that hard to believe going into this project because I am constantly on the internet on such sites as Facebook posting and attempting to keep up with everything going on with my friends and family. From what I have experienced of the blogging process so far, I have enjoyed because the writing is much less analytical and more oriented towards providing people with informative information that they can read quickly and utilize to make changes in their lifestyles. That being said, deciding the subject matters of the posts we create has been a tough aspect of the blogging process because we are always trying to choose subjects that we feel best appeal to the audience or are contemporarily relevant.

The blogging experience has changed me because I have learned that blogs are a more personal way for people to communicate with other people in order to make lifestyle changes or just to obtain information about something they wish to learn about. In terms of our blog, teaching people about the small decisions they can make to change their diet and educate them more about the potential health risks of what they intake is not as lofty a task as it sounds. Of course, it is the duty of the readers to make the changes they desire to lead a more healthy and sustainable life, however, informing people on how to take the first steps in living healthy and sustainably is within our grasp. Seriously, it only takes a few steps to fit small changes into your life that will make a lasting impact on you and the environment!

Before the start of this project, I was ignorant to what types of food I was putting in my body because honestly, I am 19 and I figured I would not have to worry about my diet for another ten to twelve years. I could not have been more wrong, your diet is something you should always keep pace with and know what exactly is in the food your are eating and what potential effects it could have on your body both when you are eating it and further down the road. The point of this blog is to give readers advice on how to make healthy and sustainable food changes in their own life and in society. Hopefully it has served you, the reader, well in making these choices within your life because I can say that the experience of creating this blog has made me thing twice about how I can eat better and more sustainably.


1 comment:

  1. i think a big part of this process is paying attention and blogging does that. You think about your topic more carefully . glad to see that you are doing just that !

    ReplyDelete